Earl,

This is where the compositing/layers come in handy. I have the radar image on the lowest layer, the county layout above that, the street map above, then the cities as the top layer.

This way, Xastir does the layering work.

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO

Gerry Creager wrote:
The WMS mapping only and solely provides a radar image. I don't try to add landmarks, roads, etc.

gerry

EarlNeedham via Kubuntu wrote:
I like to use the WMSradar map when the weather get rough out here, but I have a slight problem with it -- I don't see any landmarks, towns, etc. I see other APRS stations on the map, and unless I can see one that I recognize, I have no way of knowing where the cells are. Is there a way to add, say, Tiger maps at a low level to the weather maps?

Thanks,
Earl
KD5XB