CHecking... more when I can.

gerry

Curt, WE7U wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

Hmmm...  We _could_ change that by adding a fixed length table or a
linked list of transparent values found in the .geo.  This would
slow down the rendering code a bit if there were several values
listed, but it doesn't sound terribly difficult to add this feature.
This could also allow some neat stuff like removing removing water,
railroads, green areas, etc. from other maps.

If implementing this I'd probably recommend a linked list so that
the number of transparent values possible wasn't fixed.

map_geo.c:

    unsigned long trans_color

    draw_WMS_map(w,
            filenm,
            destination_pixmap,
            fileimg,
            do_check_trans,
            trans_color,
            nocache);

    int check_trans (XColor c, unsigned long c_trans_color);

We'd want to change "trans_color" to an array or linked list, change
the section where we look for "TRANSPARENT" so that it adds to the
list instead of working on "trans_color" each time, then change
check_trans() to pass it the list of transparent colors so that it
can check each pixel against the entire list.  Change draw_WMS_map()
to work against the entire list as well if we want to be complete.

Gerry Creager -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983