I've posted this in a couple of places on Evdoforums, and got exactly ZERO answers. I've asked the same thing on [EMAIL PROTECTED] and got just as many answers. I don't know who else to ask --
From <http://www.evdoforums.com/thread3308.html>:

I copied exactly the files by Codef0x, and yes, I can get a connection.

However, I'm using this stuff in my 18-wheeler, and I have a couple of problems.

First, when I drive out of range, and then back into range, sometimes I will get a connection back, and sometimes not. I'm pretty new with Kubuntu and all, so I have no idea what to do to make this thing automatically keep trying to connect. I'd appreciate some help there.

Second, I also use a USB-connected GPS, and to get a connection, I have to unplug the GPS, connect, and then plug the GPS in. Otherwise, about half the time I can't get a connection at all. I suspect it has to do with device numbers being allocated out of sequence -- is there some way to manually control which device gets what device number?

        Thanks,
        Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk