I noticed that when speech is activated with "tracked station", the proximity alerts enumerate how close the tracked station is in relation to every other station within the distance parameter. This seems like an awful waste of resources and very annoying. My thought is that I would only want this station to tell me where it is at in relation to me. I could care less where it is at in relation to each weather station, mobile on the highway, base station and digipeater. Am I wrong or missing some point?

Without all the clutter, I can see that speech would be very useful.

Steve/WM5Z