Tom Russo wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 01:39:33PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of
the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing:
 On Oct 4, 2007, at 1:27 PM, William McKeehan wrote:

This would require Xastir having an "http" style
server that would serve up pages and would respond to certain queries with XML
code.
 Nice idea - this would be a reasonably easy interface for add-on tools.

This makes me think of the Xastir version 2 database engine. Developers, any thoughts on v2?

I have many thoughts --- not the least of which is "It's long overdue."
My personal preference is that cool features like the one William proposes
are best done in a completely rewritten version of Xastir, one that is less
full of "creeping featurism" and more modularly and flexibly designed from the
start.

You're old enough to know better:  That's "Feeping creaturism"

If there's ever any serious interest in getting that design started I would be
interested in participating, but have neither the time nor energy to kick-start
the effort myself.  Xastir2 has been a pipe dream trotted out every few months
since I first joined this list, and several developers have come and gone
waiting for a chance to help out with it.

--
Gerry Creager -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.862.3982 FAX: 979.862.3983