xastir@xastir.org wrote:
From: Tapio Sokura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Xastir] using the modprobe ax25 and Xastir
<SNIP>
You need to have a package called ax25-tools installed, in it you'll find a couple of binaries that you need for the configuration. First you need to setup an axports file, typically located in directory /etc/ax25. There should be sample files and maybe even man pages in the package that document the format. Then you need to couple a port described in axports to a physical serial port (if using a regular KISS TNC), it is done with kissattach. Now you should have basic kernel AX.25 functionality.

<SNIP>

I have installed the ax25-tools and done the kissatach and it is working. If I put something like "call ax0 yn1bbs" I got connected without a problem. But when I start Xastir it said that the stty0 is lock. I will go back to the program later to copy exactly the message. To run Xastir I have to start it before running the modprobe ax25 and kisattach commands.

How do I set an interfase in Xastir that used the kissattach port that has been created?

I will gladly wrote down what I have been doing so another person with more experience and less time use as a draft to feed the wiki. I happily will start again from scratch if I got guidance, to do all the writing properly.

Neville YN1V
Sysop of YN1BBS