echo $LANG -> "en_US.UTF-8"

changed LANG = C

Issue gone. Running Fedora 8.

Hmmm..

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO

John Ronan wrote:
Hmm,

Doesn't this generally mean that the LANG environment variable is set incorrectly for xastir?

Try
export LANG=C; xastir &

John

On 22 Jun 2008, at 13:27, Richard Polivka, N6NKO wrote:

I am running the latest devel release here from a console window and I am getting this message that is font related:

Warning:
Name: create_appshell text_output2
Class: XmTextField
Character '\260' not supported in font. Discarded.

I am sure that this message has been there for some time but I never realized it. I know that it is font related and it is looking for something.
What is missing or needs to be done?

73 from 807,

Richard, N6NKO

John Ronan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, +353-51-302938
Telecommunications Software & Systems Group, http://www.tssg.org