What does 'dmesg /dev/ttyS*' report?

On Jun 22, 2008, at 8:31 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

My serial port is indeed a "real" serial port. However, on the odd chance that my it might be "faked" on my motherboard like some laptops do, I tried ttyUSB0, no luck.... that locked up andLinux which finally shut itself down
after 5 minutes.

I installed minicom and set it up for correct baud rate and port. Tried with ttyS0, acts the same as xastir. Seems to open the port but nothing sent
received.

I think I'm going to carry this over to the andlinux forum b/c this doesn't
seem xastir related.

Wes

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Richard Polivka, N6NKO <