On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, Lee Bengston wrote:

The one time I tried a CVS install in Mandriva 2008.1, the bootstrap
script didn't work.

Automake and Autoconf were installed, but perhaps in strange places.
I didn't try to go any further - I ended up downloading a tarball, and
it compiled OK.  Would an incomplete bootstrap cause this latest
strangeness?

Certainly could.  One could always snag the "configure" script from
one of the other releases and just run it directly though.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer