On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Bruce W. Martin wrote:

I have a fairly old version of xastir working on a G4 iBook. I am not inclined to try to update xastir since it is working just fine. I want to hook up a DR-135 with a T2-135 board installed. Are there current scripts available so that xastir will put the T2 into KISS mode when connecting and take it out of KISS mode when disconnecting?

No.

or is there an established procedure otherwise?

I don't recall whether the Tracker2 will accept TAPR2 commands.  If
not, then you'd have to do it externally from Xastir with scripts.

Just curious though:  Why take the T2 in/out of KISS mode at all?
When in KISS mode it can still do it's tracking functions,
digipeating functions, and KISS mode all at the same time.  You're
not losing any functionality by leaving that port in KISS mode.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer