On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 04:05:44PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing:
> This is great information.
>
> So with this new county data in  two formats, do I still need to have
> a folder for water by county which I currently do. Or is this a type
> of polygon that would be in the new Polygon data anyway.

That kinda depends on what water data you're using.

I believe that the 2004 data didn't have polygon features (if I recall
correctly, it was only after the 2004 shapefile conversions were generated
that I figured out the process for generating polygons from TIGER/Line).
The 2006_SE does.  It's been so long since I touched the 2004 stuff that
I don't remember, though, and don't have time to download some old data to
double check.  We definitely refined the process between 2004
and 2006_SE.

The TIGER/Line water polygons are not going to be the most accurate available.
If you're using some other shapefile for water features, those might be
more accurate.  Can't tell you for sure.  You'll just have to load 'em both
and compare quality.  Sorry, can't be more specific than that without knowing
what data you've got for what type of feature.

Did you ever work out the issue of why your line data is showing up at all
zoom levels?  Did turning on "Enable Map Levels" help?