Thanks, Curt..........

First off...... type in the title .... "get together with me THIS week"? <grin>.

I am in incompetent Newbie  --  no apologies, just reality.

In the past, I have had everything working occasionally, but have not have everything working together _/*consistently*/_. ... rock solid functionality is the key for demo-ing this to local group in my quest for grant funding. I have one group interested, but I need to raise some matching funds.

Right now, I can not get either the radio/OM+/GPS or the Rtrak to be "seen" by the Alinco/T2-135/Xastir..... and I don't know what I did to screw it up!!!

Also, I am unable to get my modem working on this computer, so I am having trouble upgrading. My goal is to upgrade to openSUSE 11.0 and then be able to grab the Xastir development snapshots as they are available.

My goal is to have :

1) a fairly large number of RTraks paired with either T2/radio/GPS setups or the new all in one that Scott is working on as my field units 2) a rugged laptop running Xastir and Openoffice spreadsheet under Linux with a radio and tnc (the Alinco/T2-135 seem to be a good option) 3) a repeater -- maybe tethered helium balloon based to improve communications capabilities.

For our rural county, I have ( and can display !!!) the shapefiles for the roads, lakes, trails, rivers, buildings from the County Surveyor's office. I have the USGS topos,. I will have the aerial photos as soon as I can work on the dbfawk files.

I just need a wizard to help me pull it together!!!!

I hope to hear from you .................... anyone <grin>................... jt