On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, AC7YY - Kim wrote:

I too got festival installed and working on ubuntu 8.04.
I start the server with this command:
festival --server &

It it possible to use different voices? If so, how?

Yes it's possible.  I tried many years ago to do it and failed the
first time, then got busy on other parts of the project.  Perhaps
others have had better luck.  Perhaps it's an easy thing to do now
as I'm sure the Festival project has progressed as well.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer