On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Damon wrote:

Also, It seems that if i have the tiger maps in the maps directory, they
seem to autoload no matter if i choose them not.  I know this is an
obvious fix that my rain soaked head cant work with right now. Thanks.

Do you Maps->Automaps enabled?  If so, turn that off.

Is it possible that you selected one of the directories containing
all the tiger maps?  That can also cause Xastir to try to load all
of them.  The good news is that Xastir keeps track of map extents
for each map and will only try to load those that fit your view.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer