On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 12:34:41PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing:
> Hello to all:
>
> I just upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10 and immediately have hit problems
> with what used to be a perfectly functional copy of Xastir Version 1.9.2.
>
> My online radar and terraserver maps no longer load.  There is no problem
> with APRS stations be plotted or SHP maps loading.  Just the geo's.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just a guess: ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick probably aren't working properly.
Either the packaging changed so that Xastir's config no longer finds them,
or something about the package changed so that it no longer works.

Did you recompile Xastir after the upgrade?  If not, you almost certainly
need to.  If so, check configure's output for any strangeness related to
*Magick.

Add one more reason I won't be upgrading to 8.10 any time soon.

 "Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours."  -- R. Bach