On Jan 23, 2008, at 12:42 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

I think we have some modules that are no longer used by anyone and the developer has given up on them, and was wondering if we should retire them? Off the top of my head this is where we stand:

Keep:
xbean-classloader - Geronimo and others
xbean-finder - OpenEJB
xbean-naming - Geronimo
xbean-reflect - Geronimo and OpenEJB
xbean-spring - Lots of users
xbean-telnet - I think Blevins is still work in progress
xbean-classpath - Looks like useful stuff

Retire:
xbean-jaxb - we don't even build this
xbean-osgi - I gave up on this
xbean-kernel - I think Service Mix moved to OSGi and I gave up on developing a long time ago
xbean-server - I gave up on this
xbean-tiger - Contains a single class MBeanServerFactoryBean, which I don't think is used

What do you think? Also, how do you think we should retire them? I'm thinking we just delete the modules, and if someone wants them back, we can just cp the directory revision to a new location.

I would move what we hope someone else to pick up into the sandbox. Everything else can get trashed.

Regards,
Alan