Le 1 août 2014 à 16:35, Thomas Amland <thomas.aml...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Benjamin Bertrand <bee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Le 1 aug 2014 à 12:52, Thomas Amland <thomas.aml...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Maybe things like this should be posted in the forums in the future. I don't
>> think anybody reads this list..
>>

> I know... I got a few answers anyway.
> And some were against the API change... For a basic usage, requests v1 is
> fine.
>

> Really? There's only one reply on the list (LS80)

Might have got some addressed to me only and not to the list.
Not many, 3 or 4 maybe. Don’t remember exactly.

>> IMO creating a new module like this is a really bad idea. Since you have
>> renamed the module to "requests2", everything that use it will be
>> incompatible for use outside of xbmc. And the other way around: if you want
>> to use other modules that depend on requests, you have to either modify them
>> to import "requests2" be stuck with v1 forever.
>
> For the outside compatibility, you can do:
>
> try:
>     import requests2 as requests
> except ImportError:
>     import requests
>

> Sure, but it's more about having to maintain additional xbmc specific code.
> What about the next version? There are API changes, albeit minor, in v2.3.0.
> requests3?

I’d propose request23 :-)
Just kidding.

>> Last time, you updated the module from v0.x to v1.x, which as far as I know
>> had far more API changes requiring several add-ons to be updated
>> simultaneously. I don't see why it would be harder this time.
>>

> v0.x was not a stable release. That's why I didn't want to stay with it and
> pushed for the API changes. It did require some work: all had to submit a new
> addon and I pushed all the changes at the same time. I even modified an addon
> myself. And not many addons were using requests.
>
> This time, I didn't get feedback for several addons. I didn't want to check
> myself if there was an impact or not on all addons.
>
> Anyway, there is no ideal solution.
> If I changed the API and it broke someone addon, I'm sure they would not have
> been happy...
>
> All that being said, I don't think many use the requests2 module (I have to
> check).
> And I agree that having to import requests2 is not very nice.
> I actually think it'd be better to upgrade the requests module to v2.
>
> I just don't want to break other addons. Not easy to warn everyone.
> I don't think the forum is really better than the mailing list.
> Any suggestion?
>
> /Benjamin
>

> I know very well, I was one of the people who had to push an update. This is
> all very hypothetical though. How many add-ons are we talking about here? And
> how many actually use the advances features that changed? Remember: v1
> changed core parts of the API. v2 does not afaik, despite its version change.
> If you can provide a list of the add-on I'm happy to help checking them.

That’s nice that you want to help.
I did a grep in the repo and here are the plugins and scripts using requests (I
removed my add ons):

plugin.audio.abcradionational
plugin.audio.jambmc
plugin.audio.qobuz