On 29-12-15 17:50, Malthus (XBMC-Addons Mailing List) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to submit the Revolve-skin to the official Kodi-repository,
> including a skin-specific helper-script. Revolve is a new skin for Kodi
> Isengard. It is almost ready, although I'm still fixing small interface
> issues (and I'll probably add new features in the future). This is the
> first skin that I've worked on, so it is probably nowhere near perfect.
> I would appreciate it if someone could look at it for any issues in advance.
>

> History:
> At the end of 2011, the Revolve-skin was designed by Ransomed, who
> invited skinners to use his concept: "On the other hand, if one of you
> brilliant skinners falls in love with my design (for some reason),
> please feel free to PM me and I can get you the .psd's and what not."
>
> m_K_o made the first concepts, commenting on those: "Ransomed and I
> worked a bit with the skin months ago, but as phil said those round
> lists and xbmc skin engine doesnt mix too good." m_K_o posted the last
> update on Revolve early 2013.
>
> After 18 months of silence, in the summer of 2014, Relyter posted his
> adaptions to this skin, and at the same time posting: "However reallife
> came winning with developing skin. So i decided to share my progress,
> may be it would be interesting for someone."
>
> I loved the original design of the Revolve-skin, so In 2015, I started
> updating the Revolve-skin, and this year I made some almost bugfree
> versions for XBMC Gotham, Kodi Helix, and now for Kodi Isengard. And I
> would like to add this latest version to the official repository.
>

> Issues:
> - This is the first time this skin (including a helper-script) is
> submitted for the official repository.
> - I would like to add a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
> Unported License to this skin. But I first wanted to discuss the license
> with the previous skin-developers. Unfortunately they haven't responded
> to my private messages.
>

> *addon - script.revolve.service
> *version - 1.0.0~beta1
> *url - https://github.com/Malthus/script.revolve.service
> *revision - c17050a (tag = script.revolve.service.1.0.0-beta1)
> *branch - master
> *xbmc version - isengard
>
> *addon - skin.revolve
> *version - 3.0.0~beta5
> *url - https://github.com/Malthus/skin.revolve
> *revision - 6ac9b9c (tag = skin.revolve.3.0.0-beta6)
> *branch - master
> *xbmc version - isengard
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sincerely, Malthus

hey Malthus,

thanx for submitting your skin to the addon repo!
i remember helping out m_K_o out with the rotate animation for the home
menu, years ago :-)

i'm pleasantly surprised to see how it turned out, the layouts and
animations are great.
this is certainly a fun skin the play with!

i had a look at script.revolve.service, could you please use a x.y.z
version scheme?
'-betaX' appendixes are not supported in the repo.
the best thing to do would be to bump it to '1.0.1' i think, so everyone
who has
already installed one of the 1.0.0-foo versions will receive the latest
version.

same applies to your skin, please use version '3.0.1' and update the
dependency version on the script accordingly.
also, you can (should) remove the 'scripts' directory from the skin.
one last issue i noticed, please rename DialogSeekbar.xml to
DialogSeekBar.xml.
otherwise the dialog will never load on case-sensitive systems ;-)

adding a CC BY-SA sounds good to me. if the skin came without a license
and none
of the previous maintainers can be reached, it shouldn't be a problem.

cheers,
ronie