HI,

The Linux/AIX mixed configuration should work with xCAT but not formally
supported, someone in the team has verified this configuration and
documented the steps at
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/xcat/index.php?title=Linux/AIX_mixed_cluster_configuration
 and
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/xcat/index.php?title=Mixed_Cluster_Support_for_SLES,
 but there is no guarantee that it could work perfectly, there might be
bugs. If you would like to have a try, go ahead. if you run into any
problems, please post the issues and questions on mailing list and we can
assist.

Thanks,
 Li,Guang Cheng (李光成)
 IBM China System Technology Laboratory
 Email: ligua...@cn.ibm.com
 Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
          No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193,
PRC

北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼
邮编: 100193

             Matthias.Merk@arz
             .at
                                                                        cc

                xCAT Users             [xcat-user] xcat linux and nim
               Mailing list
             <xcat-user@lists.
             sourceforge.net>

Hello

I'm running xcat (2.6.9) on SLES11 and an extra NIM server on AIX 6.1 in
the same network. The xcat server is where all our admins connect and
manage servers with rpower, rcons etc. It is configured to managed both
x86-blades and power hardware.

Is it possible to service all LPARs with nim through xcat on the linux
server eg. install a aix lpar via nim by issuing a rinstall on the linux
xcat server?
If so is there a document or could you point me in the right direction?

TIA

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Matthias Merk
Disclaimer:
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des angesprochenen Adressaten bestimmt.

This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely for
the use of the addressee.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic10904.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>