HI,

I am not aware of any kind of external power management device support with
xCAT. If you do not have too many machines, like more than 1,000, and your
machines will not be frequently re-provisioned, manually powering on these
machines to start the provisioning process might be easier than setup the
power management.

I noticed that you work in the Cloud computing area, so I guess your
machines might need to be frequently re-provisioned, if this is the case, I
would suggest trying the xCAT virtualization support, i.e., kvm, xen,
vmware, etc., setup the hypervisor on the PCs, then use the hypervisor to
perform remote control for the virtual machines.

Thanks,
 Li,Guang Cheng (李光成)
 IBM China System Technology Laboratory

 Email: ligua...@cn.ibm.com
 Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
          No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193,
PRC

北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼
邮编: 100193

             Dmitri Chebotarov
             <dcheb...@gmu.edu
                                       xCAT Users Mailing list
                                                                        cc

                xCAT Users             [xcat-user] Remote power management
               Mailing list            hardware supported by xCAT?
             <xcat-user@lists.
             sourceforge.net>

Hi All

I'm looking for options to use xCAT to provision for non-server hardware,
i.e. a DIY PC.
Following this post
http://www.xcat.org/pipermail/xcat-user/2004-February/003260.html, I need
to get an external power management device for 'rpower on|off' command to
work.

Is there a list of supported rpm devices for by xCAT 2.x?

Thank you.

Dmitri Chebotarov

(See attached file: signature.asc)

<<inline: graycol.gif>>