HI,

For the "extraneous "set +x" in initrd-stateless", I do not see this
problem in my environment, could you please post the screen snapshot of
this problem?

For the "lsvpd: command not found" and "/opt/xcat/xcatinfo: No such file or
directory", which are not functionality problem, and have been fixed in
xCAT 2.7.1 through bug
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3512661&group_id=208749&atid=1006945
 and
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3503119&group_id=208749&atid=1006945.

Thanks,
 Li,Guang Cheng (李光成)
 IBM China System Technology Laboratory

 Email: ligua...@cn.ibm.com
 Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
          No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193,
PRC

北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼
邮编: 100193

             Stuart Barkley
             <stua...@4gh.net>
                                       <xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
                xCAT Users                                         Subject
               Mailing list            Re: [xcat-user] xCAT 2.7 Released!
             <xcat-user@lists.
             sourceforge.net>

I upgraded one of my clusters from 2.5.3 to 2.7.0.  I see a couple of
minor issues:

My old diskless compute images didn't seem to register startup
completion with the xCAT server (nodestat would show them still
netbooting).  I've rebuilt the images and they seem to mostly work.

There seems to be an extraneous "set +x" in initrd-stateless.  I
haven't looked at it, but for example the big X (with a cat? on top)
is displayed twice.  Once from the echo of the command and once from
the command itself.

initrd-stateless.gz went from about 4M to 23M.  This isn't necessarily
a problem, just something I noticed.

There is an extraneous error during xcatdsklspost:

    /opt/xcat/xcatdsklspost: line 27: lsvpd: command not found

I can't find anything on the wiki or the mailing list on this.  It
looks like 'lsvpd' was added to several to the pkglist files (mostly
ppc related + centos).  There is a EPEL 5 lsvpd package, but nothing
in CentOS/EPEL 6.

There is another extraneous error I'm seeing in xcatdsklspost:

    grep: /opt/xcat/xcatinfo: No such file or directory
    Running postscript: remoteshell

    Starting sshd: [  OK  ]
    Running postscript: syncfiles

I'm guessing it is the grep in download_postscripts() but I didn't
look closely.

I'm running CentOS 5.7 on the xCAT server and the diskless compute
nodes.

I upgraded to 2.7.0 to hopefully be better able to provision diskfull
CentOS 6 nodes.  I haven't done anything with that yet.

Stuart Barkley
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: pic22400.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>