HI,

We made some changes recently(2.7?) to use the os shipped tftp server
instead of the xCAT one. For configuring the os shipped tftp server,
AAsn.pm intentionally configured disabled=yes into /etc/xinetd.d/tftp, and
start tftp directly by calling "/usr/sbin/in.tftpd $v4only -v -l
-s /tftpboot -m /etc/tftpmapfile4xcat.conf", because we noticed that
starting tftp through xinetd did not work well in some scenarios, for
example, the system has alias ip addresses configured.

Thanks,
 Li,Guang Cheng (李光成)
 IBM China System Technology Laboratory
 Email: ligua...@cn.ibm.com
 Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
          No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193,
PRC

北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼
邮编: 100193

             "Pocina, Goran"
             <Goran.Pocina@DES
             hawResearch.com>                                           To
                                       "xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net"
                                                                        cc

                xCAT Users             Re: [xcat-user] xcat - tftp
               Mailing list            compatibility issue?
             <xcat-user@lists.
             sourceforge.net>

Saw a similar report in the bug tracker, so there’s a chance there’s a fix
being worked on:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3505360&group_id=208749&atid=1006945

However after updating to the latest snapshot,  the xinetd.d/tftp file is
still being overwritten by AAsn.pm.   The version are now:

[root@drdkvm0003 /]# rpm -qa | egrep -i 'atftp|xcat-server'
atftp-server-0.7-6.el6.rf.x86_64
xCAT-server-2.7.3-snap201206110241.noarch

Perhaps the easiest short term fix for me is just to allow AAsn.pm to
generate a non-working xinetd conf file for tftpd, and to start tftp from a
separate, /etc/init.d/tftp  init script.   I’m a little hesitant to do this
because there’s code in AAsn.pm that restarts xinetd, which would result in
tftp being restarted, and if an init script is used to start tftp instead,
xcat will not have control over tftp.

Thanks,

Goran