From:   Francois Bissey <francois.bis...@canterbury.ac.nz>
Date:   09/26/2012 06:59 AM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] chdef broken in 2.6.11

On 26/09/12 17:52, Guang Cheng Li wrote:
> HI,
>
> Several comments:
>
> 1. -w is used to specify the selection string to filter nodes, in your
> case, the -w is not right. You should use this:
>
>  chdef -m -t node -o p7n14-c postbootscripts=xxxx
>
> 2. otherpkgs is in the xcat default postbootscripts, you can not remove
> the otherpkgs through chdef <node>, you need to edit postscripts table
> to remove the otherpkgs from xcatdefaults
>
> 3. It is error prone to have the "-"(dash) character in the nodename,
> xCAT will try to expand this as noderange.

Thank you for all your comments. That may explain why what I was doing
was failing. The error message is not very helpful if that's what it was.

As for the "-" in node name. The IBM person that did the initial set up
never objected to it, so it comes as a surprise to us. That being said
it is working fine as it is. We'll keep it in mind next time we can do
invasive changes.

Francois

<<inline: graycol.gif>>