Ling,
        Thanks, but that is a no go.  The first thing I tried was editing
boot params.  The value in bootparams gets reset when I do a "nodeset
storage1 netboot".

# lsdef storage1 | grep kcmdline

kcmdline=imgurl=http://!myipfn!//install/netboot/rhel6_c/x86_64/storage/rootimg.gz

XCAT=!myipfn!:3001  console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200
rdloaddriver=scsi_dh_rdac
# nodeset storage1 netboot
storage1: netboot rhel6_c-x86_64-storage
# lsdef storage1 | grep kcmdline

kcmdline=imgurl=http://!myipfn!//install/netboot/rhel6_c/x86_64/storage/rootimg.gz

XCAT=!myipfn!:3001  console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200

Your suggestions for chdef didn't take:

# chdef storage1 addcmdline="rdloaddriver=scsi_dh_rdac"
Error: 'addcmdline' is not a valid attribute name for for an object type
of 'node'.
Error: Skipping to the next attribute.
Error: One or more errors occured when attempting to create or modify xCAT

object definitions.

Here is the lsdef on the node if it helps.

# lsdef storage1
Object name: storage1
    appstatus=xend=down,sshd=up,rdp=down,pbs=down,msrpc=down
    appstatustime=12-07-2012 13:33:01
    arch=x86_64
    bmc=storage1-bmc
    bmcport=0
    chain=runcmd=bmcsetup,shell
    currchain=shell
    currstate=netboot rhel6_c-x86_64-storage
    groups=all,storage
    initrd=xcat/netboot/rhel6_c/x86_64/storage/initrd-stateless.gz
    ip=172.20.100.9

kcmdline=imgurl=http://!myipfn!//install/netboot/rhel6_c/x86_64/storage/rootimg.gz

XCAT=!myipfn!:3001  console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200
    kernel=xcat/netboot/rhel6_c/x86_64/storage/kernel
    mac=e4:1f:13:6a:31:f4
    mgt=ipmi
    mtm=7947AC1
    netboot=xnba
    nfsserver=172.20.0.1
    ondiscover=nodediscover
    os=rhel6_c
    postbootscripts=otherpkgs

postscripts=syslog,remoteshell,syncfiles,setupntp,addsiteyum,ipoib,mmsdrrestore
    profile=storage
    provmethod=netboot
    serial=KQ8719X
    serialport=0
    serialspeed=115200
    status=ping
    statustime=12-07-2012 12:09:01
    switch=switch0
    switchport=8

Basically I'd like the insert something at the end of kcmdline.  I don't
want to just SET "kcmdline" because other things like console speed and
such come from other xCAT tables to build this.  It feels like there
should be a parent table someplace that I need to put a value in for node
"storage1".

        -Brad

Brad Viviano
High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualization
Lockheed Martin, Supporting the EPA
Research Triangle Park, NC
919-541-2696

HSCSS Task Order Lead - Ravi Nair
919-541-5467 - nair.r...@epa.gov
High Performance Computing Subtask Lead - Durward Jones
919-541-5043 - jones.durw...@epa.gov
Environmental Modeling and Visualization Lead - Heidi Paulsen
919-541-1834 - paulsen.he...@epa.gov