mknb nowadays touches '/tftpboot/xcat/xnba/nets/*, and that is used instead
of the pxelinux.cfg default to first few bytes of network anymore.  However
we did not go out to try to remove disused files, just made dhcp
configuration result in them being ignored, at least that is the intent.

From:   Nuriel Shem-Tov <nuriel.shem...@clustervision.com>
To:     xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   11/26/2013 09:56 AM
Subject:        [xcat-user] xCat Genesis kernel and xcat/nbk.x86_64

Hi!

I run "mknb x86_64" and get: "Creating genesis.fs.x86_64.lzma in
/tftpboot/xcat".

I end up with these new files:
/tftpboot/xcat/genesis.fs.x86_64.lzma
/tftpboot/xcat/genesis.kernel.x86_64

And in the /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/ all the new files that have been
generated contain lines pointing to
   KERNEL xcat/nbk.x86_64
   APPEND initrd=xcat/nbfs.x86_64.gz quiet xcatd=10.1.1.1:3001

I would expect to see the genesis kernel in these files? Why, if the
current version of xCat does not even include these files, why are these
pointers being created?

How can I make sure that the genesis kernel is loaded?
(I already create dynamic range network and ran makedhcp -n ; makedhcp
all ; service dhcpd restart)

Thanks in advance.
Nuriel Shem-Tov

conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up
now.

<<inline: graycol.gif>>