Okay, but did you see the problem I mentioned with
provmethod=centos6.4-x86_64-install-service? That would mean (I think)
that you have to create one (sub)directory name per service image
under /install/custom in order for it to find the .tmpl and .pkglist
files, since the scheme for locating those files is:
/install/custom/<provmethod>/<platform>. Do I have to create a
/install/custom/centos6.4-x86_64-install-service/centos directory now
and no longer use /install/custom/install/<whatever>? Also the initrd
& kenel parameters take on the service image's name in their path when
you nodeset with 'osimage'.

I am quite confused, because currently I'm convinced that if I do a
nodeset to xcat-serv1 with the "osimage" set to the current service
image that it will not work because the directories it will point to
don't exist. For example, where would I find the directory pointed to
here: "initrd=xcat/osimage/centos6.4-x86_64-install-service/initrd.img"?

You also had suggested using /install/custom/install/centos (as I have
been), but with the osimage method it seems that directory is no
longer usable since it would rather require
/install/custom/centos6.4-x86_64-install-service/centos.

Can any one clear up my confusion here?