FYI, not exactly consuming the *ISO* per se, but:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/xcat/index.php?title=Updating_Firmware_with_Bootable_Media_Creator

From:   Dirk Gómez <d...@dirkgomez.de>
To:     xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   02/24/2014 10:46 AM
Subject:        [xcat-user] xcat and BoMC iso image

Hi xcat user-list,

I want to use xcat to update firmware on IBM bladecenter hardware
together with a BoMC created image. I created an unattended firmware
install image with the bootable media creator, that is e. g. called
hs23.iso

My question is: How can I turn that image into a (temporary) bootable
image?

So here's what I thought I would do:

* run "nodeset bladenode netboot=hs23.iso"
* rpower bladenode reset
* nodeset bladenode "back-to-whatever-it-was"
* rpower bladenode reset

The wikipage
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/xcat/index.php?title=Updating_Firmware_with_Bootable_Media_Creator
 suggests that I'm not all wrong. However this is what
happens:

Running nodeset bladenode netboot=hs23.iso results in:
                 Error: Did you run "genimage" before running "packimage"?
kernel
cannot be found
                 Error: Some nodes failed to set up netboot resources, aborting

Which I didn't!

Running nodeset bladenode netboot=toolscenter-x86_64-bomc (as
suggested in the docs page) results in:
Error: Unavailable or unrecognized IBM ToolsCenter image in
//install/netboot/toolscenter/x86_64/bomc
Error: Some nodes failed to set up netboot resources, aborting

So can I my copy my (working!!) bootable image to
/install/netboot/toolscenter/x86_64/bomc/ and make it somehow usable?
Is what I want to do possible?

(Oh, behind a firewall so I can't follow the docs...)

Dirk

<<inline: graycol.gif>>