We do exactly this using runimage's first. We just chain it so that
the nodes configure their controller and partitions how we need it,
reboot, then either install / download the OS

On 28.02.2014 10:45,
Jonathan Mills wrote:

> I've briefly looked into this.
>
> You can't
do it within a kickstart's %pre section because the
> environment
doesn't have enough libraries loaded to allow MegaCli to run.

> You
can do it within a kickstart's %post section, which means you can

create raid volumes for secondary drives, and format those. But you

still have to have something like a /dev/sda to begin with.

Obviously, it's also easy to do this with an xCAT postbootscript, and

add the script to the postscripts table or the osimage table. That's

what I currently do to create all my secondary drives.

> If you want
to use MegaCli to create all of the raid disks though, I
> imagine
you'd need to boot off the Genesis kernel first. Perhaps as
> part of
the node discovery process.

wrote:

>> Hello, Is there a possibility to integrate a RAID
configuration of LSI Controller before installation the OS (SLES11).
MegaCli64 cfgclr force a0 MegaCli64 -cfgforeign -clear -a0 MegaCli64
-CfgLdAdd -r1[$ENC:1,$ENC:2,$ENC:3,$ENC:4] WB RA Cached CachedBadBBU
-Cache -a0 (where $ENC is set to the enclosure number - use "./MegaCli64
-pdlist -a0" to find it) MegaCli64 -CfgCacheCadeAdd -r0 -Physdrv[$ENC:0]
WT a0 MegaCli64 -LDSetProp NORA -L1 -a0 Thanks in advance, André

> --

> Jonathan Mills
> Systems Administrator
> Renaissance Computing
Institute
> UNC-Chapel Hill

Flow-based real-time traffic analytics software. Cisco certified
tool.
> Monitor traffic, SLAs, QoS, Medianet, WAAS etc. with NetFlow
Analyzer
> Customize your own dashboards, set traffic alerts and
generate reports.
> Network behavioral analysis & security monitoring.
All-in-one tool.

[1]

Links:
------