From:   Lohit Valleru <loh...@gwmail.gwu.edu>
Date:   06/17/2014 01:57 PM
Subject:        [xcat-user] Regarding post-discovery issue with dual ethernet
            interfaces

Hello All,

xCAT server in one of our cluster environments is running with version :
2.7.4
This is a prebuilt xCAT cluster from IBM, and i really do not want to
update this test environment as of now.

Issue : ( Node constantly goes into discovery genesis kernel and does not
install OSimage )

I have followed the following steps:

nodeset m2 osimage=centos6-x86_64-install-bluefin-mgmt
rsetboot m2 net
rpower m2 boot

However, the node does not recognize that it has to install the above
OSimage. Instead, it goes into the discovery mode, everytime.

I had verified the tftpboot files, and also the dhcpd leases values. The
leases file clearly mentions that m2 node mac address (6c:ae:8b:20:d5:32 )
should load pxelinux.0 file. I do not find an issue with it.

After some analysis, i realized that the node is actually trying to dhcp
from "both" of the ethernet interfaces that are present on the server with
mac addresses:

6c:ae:8b:20:d5:32 and 6c:ae:8b:20:d5:33

6c:ae:8b:20:d5:32 has the node discovered with its definition.

However 6c:ae:8b:20:d5:33 does not have a node defined with it, which is
leading to node discovery and the node goes into genesis kernel with ip
address from the dynamic range.

Object name: m2
    arch=x86_64
    bmc=172.29.102.2
    bmcpassword=PASSW0RD
    bmcport=0
    bmcusername=USERID
    chain=runcmd=osimage=centos6-x86_64-install-bluefin-mgmt
    currchain=boot
    currstate=install centos6-x86_64-bluefin-mgmt
    groups=mgmt
    initrd=xcat/centos6/x86_64/initrd.img
    installnic=mac
    kcmdline=quiet repo=http://!myipfn!/install/centos6/x86_64/
ks=http://!myipfn!/install/autoinst/m2 ksdevice=6c:ae:8b:20:d5:32 cmdline
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200
    kernel=xcat/centos6/x86_64/vmlinuz
    mac=6c:ae:8b:20:d5:32
    mgt=ipmi
    mtm=7915AC1
    netboot=pxe
    ondiscover=nodediscover
    os=centos6
    postbootscripts=otherpkgs
    postscripts=syslog,remoteshell,syncfiles
    profile=bluefin-mgmt
    provmethod=centos6-x86_64-install-bluefin-mgmt
    serial=KQ0C1B6
    serialport=0
    serialspeed=115200
    status=powering-off
    statustime=06-17-2014 13:34:22
    supportedarchs=x86,x86_64
    switch=switch2
    switchport=12

Is there anyway, that we could prevent this from happening.
Is it possible to use just one interface for tftp and dhcp look up.

It is also possible that, i do not understand the issue correctly. Please
advice.

Thank you,

Lohit