From:   Christopher Samuel <sam...@unimelb.edu.au>
To:     xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Date:   2015/05/20 11:20
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] xcat genesis kernel and mellanox ethernet cards

On 20/05/15 03:50, Christopher J. Walker wrote:

>   I think what's happening is that although the mlx4_core driver is
> being loaded, the mlx4_en isn't - and having pxe/uefi network booted
> from the card, it can't see it - hence the node discovery process
hanging.

Would this be using a RHEL 6.6 kernel by some chance?

If so it's a kernel regression, RHEL 6.6 no longer loads mlx4_en when it
sees such a card, we've had to hard code a modprobe for that on our
login nodes. :-(

Red Hat support case 01283507 if anyone is interested (reported 7th
November last year, no fix yet).

All the best,
Chris
 Email: sam...@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545