HI,

Ok, you want to remove the gateway in rnetboot OF command, the current code
logic uses the gateway as a required attribute, if I remove the "gateway"
from networks table, rnetboot will complain with the following message:

No gateway defined for this node, check the networks table. If the gateway
in the networks table is '<xcatmaster>', check the ip forwarding setup on
the management node and service nodes.

I searched the code, found it is in /opt/xcat/lib/perl/xCAT/PPC.pm, I
commented out the "next;" line right after the message, restart xcatd, then
I could boot the node without gateway defined.

   1019         } else {
   1020             # If the <xcatmaster> is the gateway, the ip forwarding
must be enabled on the MN/SN,
   1021             # xCAT will setup the ipforarding automatically, but
still see problems about the ip forwardin        g occassionally.
   1022             send_msg( $request, 1, "$_: No gateway defined for this
node, check the networks table. If the         gateway in the networks
table is '<xcatmaster>', check the ip forwarding setup on the management
node and         service nodes.");
   1023             #next; ==========> comment out this line
   1024         }

Could you please try this? If it works, I can work with the xCAT
development team to patch this into code. Thanks.

 Li,Guang Cheng (李光成)
 IBM China System Technology Laboratory
 Tel: 86-10-82453499
 Tie-Line: 9053499
 Email: ligua...@cn.ibm.com
 Address: Building 28, ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
          No.8, Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing 100193,
PRC

北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号中关村软件园28号楼
邮编: 100193