I think I heard that the problem BMCs claim to support cipher suite 17 but actually don’t.
  -- ddj
Dave Johnson

On May 18, 2024, at 7:47 AM, Markus Hilger <markus.hil...@megware.com> wrote:

Hi David,

unfortunately, you can't.
For rpower/rvitals/rinv/nodeset etc. xCAT uses its own IPMI implementation in Perl. Previously this was using -C 3 ciphers. The current upstream code will try -C 17 ciphers and fallback to -C 3. Check this: https://github.com/xcat2/xcat-core/pull/6391

​Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Markus Hilger

HPC Engineer

MEGWARE Computer Vertrieb und Service GmbH

Tel:          +49 3722 528-47

Nordstraße 19

markus.hil...@megware.com

09247 Chemnitz-Röhrsdorf, Germany

www.megware.com

Geschäftsführer: André Singer, Dr. Axel Auweter