Hi

A friend of mine recently sold their glider and is now flying club gliders. He is used to XCSoar and so I am looking around for the best hardware on which to run XCSoar for him

     * Screen size - an iPad is too big but an iPhone is too small (I
       know XCSoar runs on neither these are size guides).
     * it needs to be truly glider independent - no inputs from any
       glider instruments, so a GPS is absolutely required (and a
       pressure altimeter would be lovely, but I'm not aware of any
       tablet having one of these)
     * no connection to glider power, so it must provide at least 6
       hours of continuous use battery power (although an external
       portable battery to extend battery life to this level is acceptable)
     * reasonable size for cockpit mounting
     * excellent full sun readability
     * capable of withstanding Australian summer cockpit temperatures
       (up to 50C when on the ground waiting to launch)

Looking forward to suggestions!

--

*Note: I am changing my email address - please only use my gmail address from now on! *

*

*Robert Hart crispin...@gmail.com <mailto:crispin...@gmail.com>*
+61 438 385 533

*