On 28 Jul 2015 at 8:26, Ronald Niederhagen wrote:

> can you share the .xci file? I'd like to see a working example since I
> don't understand how it works.

The XCSoar manual has a section about input events.

Rather than attach a file for the mailing list, the plain text for
my "drop_marker.xci" is below.  This example is 32 lines long,
beginning with "###### Change What's Here to Mark Drop"

Load this file through the System Config Menu: System > Look >
Language, Input > Events field. You need to restart XCSoar for this
to take effect.

As well as an "m" shaped gesture (up, right, down, up, right down),
it also has a simpler "o" or square gesture starting from the top
left corner (right, down, left, up).

This .xci file must be a plain text file that ends with a blank line
including a carriage return.

Kind regards
Neil

###### Change What's Here to Mark Drop