A more interesting project is the Stratux project.  http://stratux.me.
Essentially a Raspberry Pi based ADSB receiver.  A single band version can
be built for about $120 US.  Dual band with GPS drives the cost up another
$50 or so.  Some people even have AHRS working although I did not acquire
the modules for that yet.  Apparently AHRS stopped working in the latest
version of Foreflight.

I ordered all the parts to build a Dual Band version for my power plane.
The US with it's darn Dual Band option just complicates things, but this is
a relatively cheap option for traffic display on a Tablet running some EFB.

Morgan