Hi and thanks.

I think being KDE only would be a problem. Are .directory files specifict to
it? And is there any doco available for it?

Could be a good starting point though.

To clarify my goal; I want to associate folders with a special property (a
.directory file, extension based mime type, etc), with a custom application
(and icon handler).

-K