On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 at 10:47, 90 <hi@90.gripe> wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > After a bit of a period of inactivity, Matthias Klumpp has agreed to
> help update and maintain the XDG specs, including the menu and icon-theme
> specs in particular.
> >
> > If you have any suggestions or anything you want addressed, please
> discuss it on the list, or file an issue or merge request.
> >
> > Thanks to Matthias for stepping up, as well as to Bastien Nocera and
> David Faure in particular for all their work over the years to get us to
> this point.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Daniel
>
> Hi, Matthias. Thank you for stepping in.
>
> Would you consider taking any suggestions for potentially
> improving/overhauling and even finalising the XDG Base Directory
> specification to provide something of a proper standard for applications to
> follow more consistently? As much as I love the spirit of that spec, I
> can't help but feel like there are still some flaws to address,
> particularly when it comes to things like XDG_RUNTIME_DIR's (frankly kind
> of insane) requirements and the somewhat nebulous nature of XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
> and XDG_DATA_DIRS.
>
> Kind regards,
> 90

ISTR that the xdg video standards were never defined, If you need any
advice or assistance with this, I would be happy to act in an
advisory capacity if that is called for. I have over 20 years experience of
developing Free Software video and have been an active participant in
developing other video / effects standards. I have been a bit our of the
spotlight recently as I have been busy architecting and implementing the
core components of the upcoming next gen LiVES 4,0 video application plus
its accompanying state-of-the-art effects standard)
--
Gabriel Finch, a.k.a Salsaman, a.k.a DJ/VJ Salsa
sals...@gmail.com

General manager, E-stud-1.0 Productions, Brazil.
(custom audio / video composition, mastering, and distribution)

Lead developer, the LiVES project, http://lives-video.com, UK / Europe.
(a tool for VJs and Digital Video Artists)

Contact for tailored audio / video solutions; live events / presentations,
research and consultancy regarding the interface between art and technology/
20+ year track record, with proven results. Master in Applied IT, certified
audio production engineer

Atendimento inglês e português.

https://soundcloud.com/salsa-man-1
https://www.youtube.com/c/salsaman