On 11/1/07, Fred Muhlenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> > --- Ajay Gautam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I have a few java files that have java 5 code in
> >> them.
> >> After much googling, I came to the conclusion that I
> >> can't upgrade
> >> xdoclet and have it process java 5 files.
> >>
> >> The thing is that this java file does not contain
> >> any hibernatedoclet
> >> tags, and build.xml is setup to ignore this file.
> >>
> >> Most likely, I am doing something wrong, and would
> >> VERY much
> >> appreciate if someone could take a look at this, and
> >> give me some
> >> pointers:
> >>

> > I remember that there was talk about new xjavadoc
> > version which is able to process  java 1.5+  - you may
> > try it out.
> >
> > BTW; why it is impossible to you to move to XD2?
> > as there is fresh qdox version which is said to
> > be able to process 1.5 sources ( m2 plugin update will
> > follow soon, but you can already bump up this
> > dependency ) there shall be no problem with it.
>
> It's been a while since I set this up but I have continuing success
> generating Hibernate mapping files using Java 1.5 and XDoclet.
>
> I'm using xdoclet-1.2.3.jar and the xjavadoc-1.5-snapshot050611.jar.
>
> Put both in your classpath (so Ant can see it) and it should work.
> -Fred

Konstantin:
Sorry, I wasn't aware of "xdoclet 2". I just wen't to xdoclet's
website and was looking for solutions / workarounds there. Perhaps I
missed the link to xdoclet 2.
I am going to assume that XD2 (http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/) is a
continuation of xdoclet.sf.net, and would be not that difficult to
move to XD2. (will read more at their webpage).

Fred:
I am using xdoclet 1.2.3. I will add xjavadoc-1.5-snapshot050611.jar
to ant/lib and see if that fixes it. If so, will upgrade to XD2
sometime in the future.

--
Talk is cheap, show me the code.
http://www.ajaygautam.com