I have been developing a custom SR using Ceph as a backend for a while now. I
had some decent success with XenServer 6.5, and I could load a couple VMs using
the rbd kernel module. I have been trying to get it to work on 6.6 in hopes
that I can move from kernel space into user space. I have run into a few
issues, and currently cannot even get XenServer to recognize the new SR type,
let alone attempt to use it. I found that there is now a whitelist of plugins,
and have edited line 154 of /etc/xapi.conf to include my new SR type in the
whitelist. However, when I restart xapi my SR type is not listed among
available SR types. I checked /var/log/xensource.log and I see a strange error:

Feb 18 10:34:20 xenbeta xapi: [error|xenbeta|0 |Registering SMAPIv1 plugins
D:030605a866ff|sm_exec] Rejecting SM plugin: CEPH because of exception:
Storage_interface.Backend_error(_) (executable)

Normally this would seem pretty clear, except that I've already used "chmod a+x
/opt/xensource/sm/CEPH.py" on my plugin. I know my plugin is executable. What
could be causing this error? And is there documentation for creating adding new
plugins in Dundee?

-Patrick

contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by