On 2/17/2016 12:23 PM, Razvan Cojocaru wrote:
Could anyone tell me if and how I could pass some GCC extra compilation
flags when building Xen (i.e. make dist-xen)?
I tried:
* when running make: passing EXTRA_CFLAGS
* when running make: passing CFLAGS (this "works" but overrides the rest
of the CFLAGS)
* when running ./configure: passing --extra-cflags.
None works.

Is there an established modality for this or must I manually modify the
makefiles?
The reason I need this is to pass '-save-temps' to GCC, I want to
inspect some code
and it would be easier to do that on the preprocessed files.
Does editing Config.mk not work?

I was wondering also if there is a "proper" way to do that, but that easily does the job, thanks.

For whoever else needs this, I simply added CFLAGS += -save-temps=obj in Config.mk (see similar "CFLAGS +=" lines).

Corneliu.