Hi,

Apologize for not respecting the netiquette.

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016, 5:49 p.m. Stefano Stabellini, <sstabell...@kernel.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the following commit:
>
> commit 21550029f709072aacf3b90edd574e7d3021b400
> Author: Julien Grall <julien.gr...@citrix.com>
> Date:   Thu Oct 8 19:23:53 2015 +0100
>
>     xen/arm: gic-v2: Automatically detect aliased GIC400
>

> removed PLATFORM_QUIRK_GIC_64K_STRIDE and introduced an heuristic to
> check whether the two GICC pages have a 64K stride. However the
> heuristic needs device tree to report a GICC region size of 128K to work
> properly. That is not the case for some versions of XGene (including the
> one I am using, kindly provided by CloudLab.us).
>
> The patch series fixes the issue by reintroducing platform quirks,
> PLATFORM_QUIRK_GIC_64K_STRIDE, and forcing GICC size to 128K if
> PLATFORM_QUIRK_GIC_64K_STRIDE.
>
> We should consider this series for 4.8.

The platform you are using has likely a buggy firmware (I cannot find the
mail from APM stating that).

I am not convinced that we should support a such case. IIRC unmodified
Linux will not work properly on those platform (e.g the GIC will be drived
as a GICv1).

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall