On 25.11.2021 14:39, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> When doing an out-of-tree build, and thus setting VPATH,
> GNU Make 3.81 on Ubuntu Trusty complains about Circular dependency of
> include/Makefile and include/xlat.lst and drop them. The build fails
> later due to headers malformed.

A circular dependency would mean that besides the expected dependency
there is also one of include/Makefile on include/xlat.lst. Where is
that? I'm not aware of anything include/Makefile depends on. Is there
any dependency being introduced in this series, perhaps by way of new
(generated) dependency files? It would be good to have a clear
understanding of the issue - as you describe it, it could as well be
a make flaw.

The adjustments themselves look okay to me, but of course they don't
help readability.

Jan