On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 06:03:54PM +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 06/12/2021 17:02, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> > Setup proper dependencies with libacpi so we don't need to run "make
> > hvmloader" in the "all" target. ("build.o" new prerequisite isn't
> > exactly proper but a side effect of building the $(DSDT_FILES) is to
> > generate the "ssdt_*.h" needed by "build.o".)
> >
> > Make use if "-iquote" instead of a plain "-I".
>
> So I've read up on what this means, but is it really that important in
> the grand scheme of things?

It something that Jan proposed to do in some cases in the hypervisor
build system. I thought it was something good to do so I start using
-iquote in the toolstack as well.

> Can't we actually make our problems go away by turning libacpi into a
> real static library?  (Also, the "kill hvmloader plans" will turn
> libacpi back into only having one single user, so that too)

Well, libacpi also have some headers that needs to be generated, so I'm
not sure which problem are going away when turning it into a static lib.
Also, I don't think hvmloader and libxl would want the same library.

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD