On 17/03/2022 11:08, Roger Pau Monne wrote:
> A side effect of ignoring such sections is that symbols belonging to
> them won't be resolved, and that could make relocations belonging to
> other sections that reference those symbols fail.
>
> For example it's likely to have an empty .altinstr_replacement with
> symbols pointing to it, and marking the section as ignored will
> prevent the symbols from being resolved, which in turn will cause any
> relocations against them to fail.

I agree this is a bug in livepatch handling, but it's also an error in
the generated livepatch.  We should not have relocations to an empty
altinstr_replacement section in the first place.

This will probably be from the lfences, where the replacement in a nop
and takes no space.  I think I know how to fix this case.

~Andrew