On 04/04/2023 17:28, Anthony PERARD wrote:
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 01:58:00PM +0000, Peter Hoyes wrote:
From: Peter Hoyes <peter.ho...@arm.com>

Saving, restoring and migrating domains are not currently supported on
arm and arm64 platforms, so xendomains prints the warning:

   An error occurred while saving domain:
   command not implemented

when attempting to run `xendomains stop`. It otherwise continues to shut
down the domains cleanly, with the unsupported steps skipped.
The patch looks kind of ok, but shouldn't $XENDOMAINS_SAVE be set to an
empty string in the config by the admin instead?

Or is the issue that $XENDOMAINS_SAVE is set by default, even on arm* ?
Yea the default is the issue. We are building for embedded, using Yocto, so there isn't really an admin.

Maybe it's easier to check that the command is implemented at run time
rather than trying to have a good default value for XENDOMAINS_SAVE at
install/package time.

It would be cleaner to do this at build time for sure, but I'm not sure the autotools config file approach for sysconfig.xendomains.in can handle the logic for this?

Thanks,

Peter