Tue, 2 May 2023 09:31:56 +0200 Jan Beulich <jbeul...@suse.com>:

> How does 2.37 vs 2.39 matter? CET-IBT support is present in gas as of 2.29.

I have no idea. It turned out, the previous Leap image was based on 15.3, while
the current one will be 15.4.

If I run this manually, it appears the error is produced properly:

gcc -Wall -fcf-protection=branch -mmanual-endbr -mindirect-branch=thunk-extern
-c -x assembler -o /dev/null - ; echo $?
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-fcf-protection=branch’; did you
mean ‘-fno-protect-parens’?
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mmanual-endbr’
1

An for some reason there is no failure with the refreshed image on gitlab:

https://gitlab.com/xen-project/xen/-/jobs/4210269545/artifacts/external_file/build.log

I will investigate why it failed to build for me.

Olaf