Tue, 9 May 2023 17:47:33 +0100 Anthony PERARD <anthony.per...@citrix.com>:

> That change isn't enough. And I'm not convinced that it needs to be
> removed.

You are right, the provided functions must be removed as well.
My build scripts do not run autoreconf, perhaps it is about time to
change that.

> First, AX_CHECK_PTYFUNCS is still called in "tools/configure.ac".

This needs to be removed, yes.

> Then, AX_CHECK_PTYFUNCS define INCLUDE_LIBUTIL_H and PTYFUNCS_LIBS.

This is used inconsistently. Some places include <libutil.h> unconditionally.
-lutil is already used unconditionally via UTIL_LIBS

> Also, that that macro isn't just about the header, but also about the
> needed library.

This is already covered.

Olaf