Am Mon, 15 May 2023 16:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb Stefano Stabellini <sstabell...@kernel.org>:

> Given that opensuse-tumbleweed is still broken (doesn't complete the
> Xen build successfully) even after these patches, I suggest we use a
> different example?

I think the example in automation/build/README.md needs to be fixed.
Right now it does something different than the Gitlab CI.

The CI runs automation/scripts/build with some environment variables
set, the example runs automation/scripts/containerize.

For me qemu-xen builds, I assume it is supposed to be 'master ==
"8c51cd9705 (HEAD -> dummy, origin/staging, origin/master, origin/HEAD,
master) hw/xen/xen_pt: fix uninitialized variable", but we do not know
what GI tests, because scripts/git-checkout.sh does not show what HEAD
actually is. I think it needs to run "$GIT --no-pager log --oneline
-n1" at the end, so everyone knows what 'dummy' actually is.

I think it is perfectly fine that both examples refer to Tumbleweed,
because one may need to fix future build errors, not test on something
from which we already know that it works.

Olaf