On 6/28/23 6:32 AM, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Andrew,

> This wasn't a formal discussion point at XenSummit, but Oleksii pointed
> out that it was still a problem, hence this thread.
>
> As we take on more architectures, it becomes more and more important for
> things to be handled in a mostly-common way.  With that comes quite a
> lot of <xen/foo.h> including <asm/foo.h>, and the arch one being a stub
> in simple cases.
>
> It would be nice to get rid of the stub files; they're irritating to
> deal with, both when refactoring and simply for the file bloat they create.

This is definitely something that would be great to see from the Power
side of things, especially as we're getting to the point where we'd like
to start dropping the build overrides in arch.mk and building the rest
of xen/common/.

As we get to that point, I was wonder if upstream would be fine with
submission of patches that add stub files for ppc in the interim, to be
removed later when this proposal is finalized and a solution is decided
upon. It'd obviously be best to avoid too much duplication of effort,
but at the same time we'd like to avoid getting blocked on progressing.

> ~Andrew

Thanks,
Shawn