On 21/12/2023 19:19, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Oleksii,

On 20/12/2023 14:08, Oleksii Kurochko wrote:
Ifdef-ing inclusion of <asm/grant_table.h> allows to avoid
generation of empty <asm/grant_table.h> for cases when
CONFIG_GRANT_TABLE is not enabled.

It would have been nice to explain the reason of this change. Is this a compilation error or just a nice thing to have?

The reason I am asking is...

The following changes were done for Arm:
<asm/grant_table.h> should be included directly because it contains
gnttab_dom0_frames() macros which is unique for Arm and is used in
arch/arm/domain_build.c.
<asm/grant_table.h> is #ifdef-ed with CONFIG_GRANT_TABLE in
<xen/grant_table.h> so in case of !CONFIG_GRANT_TABLE gnttab_dom0_frames
won't be available for use in arch/arm/domain_build.c.

... I find rather ugly that we require domain_build.c to include both asm/grant_table.h and xen/grant_table.h.

Right now, I don't have a better approach, so I would be ok so long the rationale of the change is explained in the commit message.

Urgh, I just realized that this is explained in the commit message. Please ignore my comment about expanding the commit message. Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall